Friday 20 June 2014

Calisson: Provence Sweet

As you might have already guessed, I do enjoy food, and I do enjoy trying new food especially if it is a local specialty. While traveling around our small bit of Provence we kept hearing about these sweets that are known from this area called, Calisson


When I came across this sweets shop in Aix en Provence I thought here was my chance to try this treat I had heard so much about. And as it was described to me, it sounded delicious. A candied fruit bottom, usually melon or orange, topped with ground almonds and royal icing (not unlike marzipan). However, once I got a taste I remembered I don't like marzipan so why would I think I would like this? They were very pretty and I was still tempted to buy them as a present for someone.







Fun travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...