Tuesday 11 July 2017

BRUUUUUNCH Fest

Growing up, I was never that much into breakfast foods. I hated going out for breakfast because it would mean I wouldn't be able to eat my favourite AM item; cereal. Seriously. Cereal is my favourite food (still is). 

It wasn't until I was introduced to the poached egg and brunch that I started to understand what all the fuss was about.  

{ErinOutandAbout} Brunch Fest TO

This year, for the first time, but hopefully not that last, Cravings Food Co. introduced Toronto to 'Brunch Fest' in partnership with Bud Light Radler.

{ErinOutandAbout} Brunch Fest TO

I love how this company organizes their events. I went to Taco Fest last year and it was the same deal. You have to purchase tickets ($10-15) for timed entry to the event, but once in, you can stay as long as you like. I feel like this really helps with crowd control and any ridiculous lines that you might encounter at free events, I'm looking at you Mac n' Cheese Fest.

They also provide a menu printout that you can take around with you, or if you do happen to find yourself in a line so long, it's bananas, you at least know what the heck you are waiting for. For my food partner in crime, it helps us prepare a plan of action. You can't go into these events without some sort of strategy!

{ErinOutandAbout} Brunch Fest TO

{ErinOutandAbout} Brunch Fest TO

We tried the Coconut Pancakes with Bud Light Radler Syrup and Crab Cakes with Radler infused Hollandaise sauce from Hollandaise Diner.

{ErinOutandAbout} Brunch Fest TO

{ErinOutandAbout} Brunch Fest TO

Belgian Waffles from The Good Son Restaurant and Will you Berry Me? and Chocolate Banana Milkshake cereals from Sil013.

{ErinOutandAbout} Brunch Fest TO

{ErinOutandAbout} Brunch Fest TO

{ErinOutandAbout} Brunch Fest TO

A Fully Loaded Waffle and Waffle Bacon where the bacon is INSIDE the waffle from Starving Artist.

{ErinOutandAbout} Brunch Fest TO

{ErinOutandAbout} Brunch Fest TO

The Mango Lassi from Kathi Roll Express and my most favourite item of the day, The Spicy Chicken Sandwich also from the Starving Artist.

{ErinOutandAbout} Brunch Fest TO

It's a great party atmosphere carried throughout the event over the whole weekend with live music and outdoor lawn games and a complimentary Bud Light Radler.

{ErinOutandAbout} Brunch Fest TO

{ErinOutandAbout} Brunch Fest TO

The food was good, but probably better when actually served in a restaurant, it was very waffle heavy and not a ton of variety between one vendor and the next. That said, I do love brunch and you can probably find me here again next year.


Don't miss a post! 
Sign up for email posts (found on the sidebar), like my facebook page, or follow me on bloglovin'. You can also keep up with my instagram feed and I occasionally tweet.

Let's get social

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...