Thursday 19 October 2017

To Market, To Market: Stockbridge Market

I haven't done a "To Market, To Market" post in a very long time. Moving away from the UK has meant that I don't get to visit markets, any kind of market, as frequently as I'd like to. So, when visiting my friend in Edinburgh and she suggested checking out Stockbridge Market, I made sure we made it there so that I could get my market fix. 

It runs every Saturday from 10am to 5pm and is located at Jubilee Gardens along the Water of Leith. On this fine spring morning, we took a very scenic route down through Dean Village and the waterway path toward the market. It was a beautiful morning with brisk air and blue skies. The perfect marketing weather! We definitely weren't the only ones to think this, as we passed countless strolling mom's and tots and sniffing meandering dogs on long leads. 

{Erin Out and About} Stockbridge Market

{Erin Out and About} Stockbridge Market

{Erin Out and About} Stockbridge Market

{Erin Out and About} Stockbridge Market

{Erin Out and About} Stockbridge Market

{Erin Out and About} Stockbridge Market

{Erin Out and About} Stockbridge Market

{Erin Out and About} Stockbridge Market

{Erin Out and About} Stockbridge Market

Had I not been with my friend who knew where we were supposed to be going, I would have just continued on that lovely little pathway, but my rumbling tummy convinced me that market food was what I needed. 

Jubilee Gardens is a small park space, but boy do they ever pack it in with vendors! You can find all sorts of different foods and artisan items, this is seriously foodie heaven! There is the usual market fare and also some traditional British and Scottish treats, like scotch eggs, haggis Sausage rolls, and shortbread. We couldn't help ourselves and purchased a small feast breakfast. 

Eventually the heaving crowd and long lines got the better of us and we existed in search of a cafe nearby to rest our feet and share a pot of tea. As with most markets, arrive earlier in the day to avoid longer lines. We had arrived later in the day along with most of Edinburgh. 

{Erin Out and About} Stockbridge Market

{Erin Out and About} Stockbridge Market

{Erin Out and About} Stockbridge Market

If I lived in Edinburgh, this would certainly be a frequented weekend location, fulfilling my grocery treats that just can't be satisfied by Asda or Tesco.

Do you have a favourite market?

Don't miss a post! 
Sign up for email posts (found on the sidebar), like my facebook page, or follow me on bloglovin'. You can also keep up with my instagram feed and I occasionally tweet.

Let's get social

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...